Fat Tuesday.2011


posted by sooyup on

No comments

Yeah, woo, chachacha, today is Fat Tuesday. Used aa a national holiday in Sweden, but now only in the North, but need not be there to have a holiday today, I can have a holiday any day I like yay. It seems that is known around the world as Shrove Tuesday, a religious holiday, and England are supposed to eat pancakes. In my house only eat pancakes on Thursdays though.

Today we will be eating semlor the incredible pastries that you see above with tons of fluffy cream, almond dough (a mixture of honey, sugar and almonds, there is no direct translation for mandelmassa, dictionaries tell me it's marzipan, but it is not marzipan, marzipan is mass, not the reverse) and a sweet bun hole around it. I love semlor. They know very well, and are like the air, you can eat tons.

Moreover, it is now an international day of women as well. I did not know that, but of course we will celebrate that as well here in CyberD. Why do I say that certainly, I mean, I mean me and my site? Anyway ...

I did a little reading on this honorable two days in Wikipedia and it seems the national holiday is not a day here in Sweden. I do not know, however, would be on the calendar if it really was. The traditions vary from one country and I will not bore you with the details (which bored me) so go to Wikipedia if you want them, here's the page.

Did you know that the international day for men is 19 November, right? Not that I'll be celebrating that, or held, but it is good to know. Happy day to you, the visitor woman! We hope you feel honored through this blog, which had placed a rose, but that's too corny for this place. Now, time to eat some semlor ...

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...